All information contained on this Web site is © Copyright CWHC. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated. Canadian copyright law and international treaties protect the textual and graphic elements in this site. You may not copy, distribute, or use these materials except as necessary for your personal, non-commercial use. Any trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The Canadian Wildlife Health Cooperative (CWHC) is a university-based, inter-agency partnership through which Canada's Colleges of Veterinary Medicine, government agencies at all levels and non-government agencies pool their resources and expertise to reduce the economic and ecological costs and impacts of wild animal diseases in Canada. As such the CWHC is committed to abiding by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) as well as Federal and Provincial Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Acts.
In order to fulfill the CWHC mandate, on occasion the name, home address, home telephone number, fax number, and/or email address from those members of the public who report incidents relating to disease and wildlife or those who submit cases for further analysis are collected. This information is collected through submission forms, over the telephone and via electronic mail. Occasionally, information is also collected in person.
All collection of personal information is done in accordance with Federal and Provincial Legislation and is done only to fulfill identified purposes. These purposes include:
- To establish and maintain lists of contact persons, telephone numbers, email addresses and mailing addresses to facilitate communication with partner agencies
- To notify interested parties about CWHC related activities through email alerts, newsletters, reports and educational resources
- To send electronic and/or printed laboratory reports and findings to those individuals who found and/or submitted the sample/carcass for analysis
- To organize educational and training courses
- To determine the geographic location of an incident or event
- To maintain a list of individuals who have access to the CWHC database or closed web-site